Monday, September 14, 2026

I'm not breaking the rules...


I'm playing a different game.

Every day, I anticipate the Wordle hint on Thomas Knapp's blog. Not so much to play Wordle as intended, but to see if I can guess the word in one try based on his hint- and maybe by using the first letter. I usually can.

Getting hints and the first letter isn't technically playing Wordle, but it is the game I'm playing. For me, it's more fun than the game they designed.

I've realized that I do this in a lot of other areas as well. That doesn't always work out well, but it's what I tend to do. Especially when I find the "game" uninspiring, dumb, or rigged against me. 

The "game" as established isn't for me, so I play it my own way. Other people can play it however they want. 

-
Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I’m a very poor Wordle player and seldom actually play, but I can usually guess the word from Tom’s clue. I imagine he’d be good at a game like Taboo where you try to get your partner to say a target word without using any of the forbidden words to describe it.

    ReplyDelete