Sunday, September 15, 2024

Political signs don't really motivate

(My Eastern New Mexico News column for September 15, 2024)




Imagine if your neighbors stuck signs in their yards telling everyone about the conditions they suffer from. "We're proud of our itchy armpit fungus!" Would you be convinced to get infected, too?

I'm already seeing political yard signs. If people advertise their support for a political candidate, could they be convinced to put signs in their yards proclaiming their diseases and mental problems?

Scratch the part about mental problems; political signs already announce those to the world...read the rest...
-
Thank you for reading.
Show your support.

3 comments:

  1. I've been seeing Trump yard signs in my area of mid-Michigan for several months - I want to say some of them since Spring, although there are quite a few more out now, along with a fair amount of signs for local candidates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only ones I specifically remember seeing so far are the two that inspired this column. Two adjacent yards, one with a Trump sign and one with a Harris sign. I just rolled my eyes.

      Delete
    2. I haven't seen a single Harris sign so far. I suppose there must be a few Democrats in this county, but apparently they are keeping their heads down. lol

      Delete