It feels like society runs on lies. Ignoring or even repeating the lies is rewarded. You are certainly not to refute the lies with reason or reality! Telling the truth is seen as antisocial behavior.
That doesn't sit well with me.
So, I sometimes get in trouble for openly rejecting the social lies. I've even made other libertarians mad this way.
It's worth it.
If you can't be the one saying "The emperor has no clothes", then what good are you?
It doesn't mean you have to call out every lie. That would be exhausting. But when you are expected to repeat a social lie, or to nod along when the lie is told, don't. Sure, you could say it's not true, and that would be the most powerful thing to do, but it's not always necessary. Sometimes your silence is enough to shock a social liar into fumbling with his train of thought. I've seen it happen.
This Age of Lies is an opportunity for the hero who values the truth, wherever it leads.

No comments:
Post a Comment