What's the "proper" response to current statist conditions?
Sadness? Or
anger?
I responded to a video of a racist socialist who was happily exposing their plot by posting my "socialism" meme.
One of those kind and tolerant people with a "***.bsky.social" X account (to distinguish itself from run-of-the-mill "fascist" X users) replied:
"Don’t worry, when our time comes we’ll be taking a lot more from you than just your 'stuff'."
Here's one of these people saying out loud that they plan to "take" something more than just our property when they can get away with it. What else, besides "stuff", is there to take? Well, there's also life and liberty.
They seem to imagine they are on the right side of history, while admitting they will act like previous generations of fascists/socialists as soon as they get the chance. It sounds like a credible threat; one that justifies any level of self-defense.
It makes me a bit angry to know so many people mindlessly align with this view.
Then you have the people who are supposedly on our side who say some version of "resistance is futile".
"You can’t eradicate human nature. Most people want to be led."
"We’re never let out of it. We’re always caught up in the tides of tyranny because we’re so outnumbered."
Does he think I'm supposed to give up and wither away because I'm outnumbered? Roll over and take whatever they dish out? That kind of defeatism makes me angry, too.
Not all of us want to be "led". Not all of us are so weak and useless that we want to be governed. As long as there are a few of us who rise above this, there's hope. They are NOT going to change my mind. It doesn't matter how outnumbered I am. I know they are wrong. They are the bad guys.
Statism, and the threat it poses to human flourishing, angers me. It's not in my nature to quietly take it, even if I know it's not usually smart- or feasible- to fight it one-on-one. Because there's never only one of them. Statists are pack animals, acting on herd instinct without sapience.
It all makes me so mad.
I don't lash out in anger, though. That's the anger trap. It's not the time to act rashly. Rather, let it inspire you to plan and plot. Look for your opportunities. So far, all the bad guys who stood above the
general level of mundane statist evil have been brought down. Maybe this, at least, can continue until the time is ripe for the end of the
religion of Statism altogether.
I see that trap. Even seeing it, I flirt with falling into it sometimes. Just imagine how dangerous it would be for someone who doesn't see the trap at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment