On X, an account posted a tragic story about a woman in Australia who died after being repeatedly drugged and sexually assaulted by her husband's friends. Truly horrible, and it makes me sick!
An account that shared the link said, "men don't care".
When I said I care, she (I'm going to assume the account owner is female) doubled down. I wasn't trying to start a fight, but she had other intentions, it seems.
So, I shared this true, painful story from my past (that I didn't really want to tell) as anecdotal evidence to the contrary of the claims made:
I once found out an acquaintance (and her children) was being physically abused by her husband, who was (until then) a friend of mine. I lived 700 miles away*, but I made one phone call** and got her out of that situation. She never spoke to me again, because she'd told me in confidence and sworn me to secrecy. That's not the kind of secret I will keep. If he had killed her, I would NEVER have forgiven myself. It was worth losing her trust/friendship to save her life.
That's when she started pivoting in strange ways, resulting in lots of personal insults, weird assumptions, profanity, denials, and story changes, but if you want to see all of that, go to the link. (I recommend following the link for an eye-opening experience, but "language warning". And I saved it all in a long screenshot, in case she gets embarrassed later.)
Yes, MEN care. When we know of a situation like that, we don't ignore it or try to excuse the creep doing it. It's sad that she is around so many weak, worthless "men". I guess it's what she attracts or is attracted to- if she's interested in men at all.
I think she was just trying to make a point about "that divisive trial", but failing. Hard.
-
*I just realized that wasn't true- I lived over 1000 miles away.
** To her parents, not the cops.
** To her parents, not the cops.
No comments:
Post a Comment