Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Show me you don't understand what a "right" is...



This is why we have trouble with authoritarian control freaks trying to violate natural human rights.

This was a YouTube channel's poll that popped up on my phone. 

At first, I was bothered by the way the question was worded, then I started reading the comments. It got much worse. 

These are screenshots of the top of the comment thread-- nothing got skipped. And it went on and on like this. I probably won't bother reading the replies to my comment, just to avoid thinking the worst of "conservatives" who only want to conserve government supremacy. 

-
Here are some of the 

4 comments:

  1. I run into this with the 'right' to vote. It is not in the Constitution precisely because it cannot be a natural right. Natural rights pertain to individuals. Voting is an agreement between groups of individuals to put actions or representatives (who will take actions) up for selection. I am told that I don't have the right to complain if I don't vote., but that is backwards. Those who agreed to put something up for a vote, also agreed to abide by the results. They have no right to complain. If they didn't want a specific outcome, they should never have put it up for a vote.

    Voting cannot be a natural right since it requires at least three individuals to agree to vote on something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, "the right to v*te" is a particularly stupid notion. But it's very popular.

      Delete
  2. Everyone needs to stop this redacting of names. It serves no useful purpose and violates nobody's rights. The government schools have done their jobs and people have decided to invest their lives in the team sports that have been foisted upon them. These folks won't change if they keep their anonymity (which they chose not to).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do it to protect them, but to protect myself. I don't want to be sued, even for simply showing the stupid things someone said publicly.

      Delete