Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Health mystery update


(part 1part 2part 3)

I had my follow-up appointment Monday, which is why I don't have anything else written for today. 

Still no definitive diagnosis. Can someone please bring in Dr. House?

I passed every test, yet I still have a "condition" (which I can neither see nor feel, but which could kill me if it gets worse).

However, the doctor does suspect it may have roots in the Rat Bite Fever I had nearly 30 years ago. She says its known effects could have caused my current issue, but there's apparently not a lot of information on the long-term effects. (Can we call this "Long Haul Rat Bite Fever" and chalk it up to confirmation bias?)

So, for the foreseeable future, I will get blood tests every 6 months, and a scan every year to make sure things aren't getting worse, where more serious measures would be necessary.

-

Please support the Tobbles Memorial Cat & Kitten Rescue Project on Patreon

2 comments:

  1. A condition that you don't feel and which hasn't been diagnosed, but could potentially kill you? Well, that just sorta sucks.

    ReplyDelete