I don’t know.
What don't I know? I don't know exactly how you should live or every detail of your situation. I don't know how to solve every possible random problem in the world. I don't know what complications might arise. I don't know solutions I can’t see or haven’t thought of. All the variables; the consequences of any potential solution. I don't know how, or if, society should be run.
I don’t know, and I accept it.
While I'm comfortable saying I don't know, there are also things I do know.
I know that no one else knows those answers, either. If they claim to, they are being dishonest. Those who make up legislation are often even more ignorant about the topics they legislate on than the rest of us. They are imposing a bad solution, forged on an anvil of ignorance with a hammer of imaginary political authority, and they'll hurt you if you choose your own path. They will punish you for knowing your own situation better than they do, and acting on the knowledge.
What kind of horrible person would do that?
I also know that no one has the right to govern another. I know there's no justification for violating other people's natural human rights.
I know real rights don't conflict. When they appear to clash, it's because someone is advocating so-called "positive rights"- the belief that someone owes you simply because you exist. Health care, for example, is a human right only if you're talking about treating yourself or reaching a deal with a provider. No one, including the DEA, FDA, or other government regulatory agencies, has the right or imaginary authority to interfere. Nor is healthcare something you can ethically force others to provide for you; that's slavery.
Those who hate the thought of everyone's liberty being fully respected will often ask me to explain, in minute detail, how to solve every possible situation which might arise. I can't. I don't know. The problem is, their favored solution fails if put to this test, too. They are careful to never let it be examined, but quick to turn the tables to hide the failure of the system they prefer.
It's dishonest, but you should now be able to see through it.
It's OK to not know everything, and to admit it. You can still know when something is wrong. These are two complementary sides of self-awareness.
-
Thank you for reading.
Would you care to subscribe or donate?
Would you care to subscribe or donate?

I completely agree with the points made in this post. It clearly shows the fundamental difference between the humble truth of self responsibility and the arrogant hubris of those who support and engage in rulership. Such a pity that something so evident can remain oblivious to so many.
ReplyDeleteI believe they don’t understand because they don’t want to. And they don’t want to because they’re afraid of being responsible for their own actions and lives.
Delete