Thursday, September 03, 2026

There's only one word...


This is my 20-year blogiversary! That’s 7,305 days, and 8,101 blog posts.

I feel this should be significant in some way, but in what way? I don't know.

The world- and America, specifically- is so much more authoritarian now than when I started writing here. Hopefully, that's a coincidence, or inertia; a correlation and not causation.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats, Kent! Many others have come and gone but I'm glad ya stuck around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never intended to. I thought maybe I'd keep at it for a couple of months- if I could think of anything to write. Funny how things work out.

      Delete
  2. I thought the same thing 22 years ago this month. And I mostly just messed with it when I felt like it for a little while. Then it got KIND OF popular. I got some links from then pretty big publications (the one that immediately comes to mind is Salon). Then it stopped being even kind of popular.

    These days, I don't write nearly as much political stuff on the blog. Side notes and little things, yeah, but the big stuff goes to the Garrison Center, sort of like your more fully-formed stuff goes to Eastern New Mexico News.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider the stuff I write for the ENMN to be the cautious stuff- an attempt to not scare the normies too much while still getting the point across, without compromising my principles. It's a tightrope walk on a deadline! And I'm coming up on 16 years of writing that column. (I felt like I'd been writing the blog forever before I even started the column.)

      Delete