Monday, September 21, 2026

Pass the flame of Liberty on to someone


Part of me suspects that the few of us who still value liberty will have to keep the flame burning through a dark time, hoping that a new generation that wants liberty eventually comes along. A new generation that is willing to learn to value it like we do. 

I think we may be descending into a new Dark Age where the vast majority of people- especially young people- just don’t care. As long as they have entertainment, convenience, and the illusion of safety, that’s enough. They don't see any value in liberty. They are too busy dreaming up new ways to feel like victims. New mental illnesses to build their personalities around.

That won't last because it's unsustainable. But it has lasted too long already. Liberty has suffered as a result of this manufactured distraction.

The flame of liberty has been relegated to the corners of the room while all manner of anti-human ideologies and policies take center stage and get all the attention.

I think liberty will eventually rise again, in an upcoming generation sometime in the future. A generation that finally understands that the solution is never political. I wish we didn't have to wait.

If it turns out to be longer than a human lifespan before that new generation arises, I hope we can pass the flame on to a few holdouts so they can do the same when their time comes, just to give that future generation something to expand on. If not, I hope we leave a legacy they can discover and use to build upon. I hope I can contribute something to that future generation.

-
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment