I’m tired of government and its supporters getting their way. Getting whatever they want. Nearly every time. At the expense of liberty, privacy, and property. If they don't get what they want today, they just keep pushing until they eventually get it.
No matter how bad it is for the rest of us.
People get tired of fighting, they can't keep watching, and government intends to have its way with us.
I'm not sure what I can do about it, other than change my attitude and accept that this is the way it is at this time, and keep reminding people that there's a better way.
Is the problem internal to me? Or is there a real danger that I need to be aware of? Statists would say- and have- that it's my problem. That this is just how it is, and if I don't get on board, I'm going to be steamrolled.
Would you care to subscribe or donate?
“Is the problem internal to me?”
ReplyDeleteNo, since the problem your discussing is rulership and you are an anarchist then the problem in question is definitely external to you. The solution however is ‘internal’ to you.
“If you wish to have peace and contentment, release your attachment to all things outside your control. This is the path to happiness and contentment.”
-– Epictetus
“Not being able to govern events, I govern myself.”
--- Michel Eyquem de Montaigne
“There are two things that one must get used to or one will find life unendurable: the damages of time and injustices of men.”
---Nicolas Chamfort
You are going to be steamrolled, that’s what collectives and majorities do. What you can do is to continue to “keep reminding people that there's a better way.”
I do try. It gets a little overwhelming at times. I just want to live in peace and liberty, and the statists are determined to make sure I have neither. So, squeezing out any peace and liberty is an act of rebellion- and they will punish it if they can.
DeleteKent - The problem is not internal to you, and the danger is very real.
ReplyDeleteI spent considerable effort in my attempts to convince the "patriot right" that the government they cherish is in fact their enemy. In response to a challenge to my sincerity, I wrote and posted something to provoke them:
"Let us clearly identify the enemy. The enemy is any attack on private wealth and private property. As I indicated previously, neither the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, nor the Bill of Rights speak to any protection for private wealth and private property. You cannot run there for help."
To address the lament "I'm not sure what I can do about it", I even included a proposal on how to proceed:
"I favor an uncoordinated effort to remove the tip of the spear. Direct your individual ingenuity and energy into disrupting, at a local level, the theft of wealth by your various governments and their engines of re-distribution. The question is how?"
The essay with its' tentative solution may be read at:
https://ncrenegade.com/fatal-conceit/
Hans ... in the NC woods
Good advice- and it closely echoes Jim Davies' attempt to educate people out of working for government through his tolfa.us and theanarchistalternative.info/QuitGov/
Delete