Saturday, November 18, 2023

Retina update


I had a follow-up appointment with the retina surgeon yesterday (Friday the 17th). It went well.

The retina is healing like it should. I'm still on an eye drop, but only twice a day for the next three weeks. All restrictions are lifted and I got rid of the medical alert wristband.

The gas bubble had disappeared from my eye Wednesday afternoon, between 4:30 and 4:45-- which was a HUGE relief and improvement to my vision. I still can't see clearly out of my left eye, but it is much better than it was, and the surgeon said it will continue to improve until it gets to the point that the cataract (which will be accelerated by the surgery) becomes the limiting factor.

I am supposed to go back to see this surgeon in March, just so he can take one last look at things. Then he told me he'll help me find a good cataract surgeon, in my insurance network-- when I'm ready to have that taken care of.

I'll be glad when I can see the laptop screen with both eyes again, but until then I can make do.

-
This blog is my job. You get to decide if I get paid. 
I need at least another $70 per month.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment