Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Locked out


I'm finding myself getting locked out of more and more of the online world. 

TwiXXer was just the first. I just tried to make a new account only for the purpose of watching SpaceX launches (they've announced they will only be streaming future launches to inferior phone and computer screens instead of adequate-sized TV screens), but I was blocked before I could even get the account set up. Anyone know of a good free VPN?

Recently, other services started having more "glitches" which locked me out. I usually find a way back in, but sometimes I just write it off. SubscribeStar is still dragging its feet (or ignoring me) on approving my account, which I set up on July 2.

Coincidence? Probably... but could it be the first sign of a social credit score being used to punish people who aren't enthusiastic worshipers of the State and all its minions? Probably not. But it does give me a taste of how that would feel. It isn't pleasant. Reality or not, it does feel like being curb-stomped by a Terminator.

I can't say I didn't see this coming-- although I was foolish enough to think it would come mainly from The State first.

--

Please consider donating or subscribing. 
PayPal -- Venmo -- GiveSendGo
Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. A timely warning, thanks.

    I see no fix at all, short of the total elimination of government. That will happen only when nobody will work for it. And THAT will happen only when everyone understands what it is. TOLFA is able to deliver that understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Everyone needs top go through TOLFA, and I'm not joking even a little.

      Delete
  2. TOR is a free browser that anonymizes your identity. I've used it to create free anonymous email addresses in the past. https://www.torproject.org/

    ReplyDelete