Friday, May 12, 2023

You're not under my control


Most things are not under my control. Shocking, I know!

I can't control the weather, the climate, or time. I can't control society, or wars in other countries.

I can't really totally control my health-- although there are definitely things I can avoid doing to make things worse. 

I can’t control what legislation is imposed or which politicians are forced upon me. People who v*te believe they can control this to some extent. I know they do because I used to. 

I would get really upset after every election that didn’t go the way I wanted (which was the vast majority of them). I’m happier now.

I gained much peace when I realized I didn’t have any control over such things-  or make any difference with my v*tes. 

Even outside the political realm, I can’t control other people. People often do things I’d rather they didn’t. Both strangers and people I know. Family members do things I imagine might reflect badly on me. They are not under my control, nor should they be. I don't need to be running anyone's life but my own.

It’s hard to keep in mind that I can’t control anyone but myself— neither the person who does what I think is wrong nor those who come to conclusions about me based on what some other person does.

I can't control the local person who told a family member "I'm sorry" yesterday when they found out they were my relative. I guess they aren't a fan-- which is something else I can't control.

I can't control how people will respond to the things I write or the concepts I introduce. I can't control how people will react when confronted with something they don't want to hear.

What I can control-- or should be able to control-- is how I react to people and situations. I don't always react the way I ought to, but in that case, it's my fault. My responses are what I can control. I need to do better. I think I am doing better.

-
Help me cover the expense of my colon surgery, if you can and if you want to.
Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment