Thursday, April 06, 2023

Update 2


 I should be discharged today. Here’s hoping. I’ll have to come back Monday to see the urologist and get the catheter out, which is annoying. If I lived closer it would be much less inconvenient, but I don’t like big cities.

I’m doing really well. I did get some pain meds today (so excuse me if I sound stoned), but it’s for my back which started hurting early this morning. The surgery site doesn’t hurt much. The pain in my shoulders from the laparoscopic gases is pretty intense. But only if I use my arms. 

The nursing staff here has been awesome. It’s been like a vacation where someone sticks you with a needle every couple of hours.

.

2 comments:

  1. Really glad to hear that you're doing so well, Kent. And I understand about the long drive. I hate having to drive down to the city for medical procedures, but it's better than *living* in the city. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's long drive made me pretty sore. But it was worth it.

      Delete