Saturday, February 05, 2022

The freak show


Social media is a freak show.

Sure, it's probably always been one, but it only seems worse now. 

I don't have TikTok, but have recently been "treated" to some of its "amazing" content by others. Largely it seems to be a contest to see who can act the most mentally ill to attract views. People actually watch these "content creators" nap, eat, or suck on a baby bottle.

On second thought, it may be that the worse mental issues are on the viewer's side of the screen.

Suddenly girls selling bodily gases in jars almost seems noble.

And I thought Facebook was dumb! (Well, it is, but by comparison, it looks sophisticated and intelligent.)

But, whatever. It's not breaking my leg or picking my pocket. I'm not being forced to participate or fund it. I'm just observing the situation... and backing away slowly.

By avoiding such things as much as possible, I'm gaining an advantage over those pulled in by the time-wasting sites. At least it makes me feel better about myself.

-

If I've earned your support, consider subscribing or donating.

No comments:

Post a Comment