Monday, November 29, 2021

Your employer's property


I can't imagine being an employee of a business and just allowing shoplifters to run rampant in "my" store. And mobs of looters? Nope.

I get it, this is mainly happening in California-- a place where self-defense is a criminal act, and defense of property is probably considered domestic terrorism and genocide. But I couldn't work there under those conditions.

I would rather act and get fired-- or even get arrested-- than to stand aside and let thieves do whatever they want. I realize criminals might even kill me for standing in their way, even though I'd be armed. It is what it is, but I can't be part of the problem by letting them steal and destroy.

If I work for you, I'm serious about taking care of your property. I feel the same about protecting my co-workers-- even the ones I don't especially get along with (yes, I've had a few of those, but very few). That's how I've always felt.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the smart thing to do is to let insurance (if any) cover the losses. But that's not me. I don't know how those California employees can handle it.

-

If you appreciate what I do, consider expressing it.

2 comments:

  1. I understand what your saying but if people are stealing and your employer won't back you up. Then why should you do them any favores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just about helping your employer. It's about not rewarding criminal behavior. Make it cost them. I'd rather not stand by and let that kind of thing be normalized.

      Delete