Saturday, August 14, 2021

Kitten update #3


Whiskers is finally healthy. His right eye (cornea) still has some healing to do, but it's no longer infected. The cough is gone and there's no more rattle in his chest. There's no excessive sneezing.

He has also transitioned into being an indoor cat, thanks to monsoon rains over the last couple of days. He's meeting the other cats, who are suspicious, but not hostile. There is lots of supervision when they check each other out.

He is extremely playful and energetic, as healthy kittens tend to be.

His life is good. So much better than when I stumbled across his sick, starving body nearly 2 weeks ago. Thank you to those who helped me help him.

I appreciate the donations toward his care and the concern shown toward his well-being.

Chasing the ball. Where did it go?


-

Thank you for helping support KentForLiberty.com

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear this! It's nice to have some good news among all the insanity of modern day. He may have a lifelong case of feline upper respiratory virus, that's pretty common in street cats. I mention it because L-Lysine is one of the best things you can give him for it if he has a fit of sneezing or stuffy nose. Helps the immune system, my vet told me about it. The cheapest way to give that is to feed him chicken.

    (Yes, my vet essentially gave my cat a prescription for chicken once. I told her she was lucky.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep an eye out for this, and maybe give him chicken. Thanks for the heads-up.

      Delete
  2. Kent, you're a shining example to everyone in showing compassion to this little critter. And an illustration of how care will often be delivered in the coming zero government society; one-on-one, voluntarily.

    More: you not only felt pity for Whiskers, you knew what do do to restore his health. Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Do you know how much easier it would be to take care of sick animals like Whiskers if all I had to do was go down to the local store to buy the medicines I need-- without asking for government permission? Fortunately, I was able to find ways around needing prescriptions this time, but in the past I haven't been able to fast enough. A zero government society (the only real society) would ease so much unnecessary suffering.

      Delete