Monday, August 30, 2021

Is "long-haul Covid" confirmation bias?


Almost everyone in my family has had Covid. Of those, all recovered, including those with multiple serious co-morbidities, even though one developed "long-haul Covid". 

But here's the problem with that.

Her "long-haul" issues were in the same category of problems she's had for years. The only thing that makes it "long-haul Covid" is that she was diagnosed with Covid a couple of months before she the problem developed again. Before, it was just "You're not a particularly healthy person", but then it became "OMG! You've got long-haul Covid!

Hence, my skepticism.

-

Thank you for helping support KentForLiberty.com

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly one person who had "long-haul Covid." She is a health care worker who seems to lead a very high stress lifestyle and whose nutrition isn't always the best. She was sick for several months, developed lung scarring, and still isn't completely recovered. Perhaps she wouldn't gotten that sick if she weren't already overworked and a very driven individual. Perhaps she would, we'll never know, but I know what I suspect.

    Personally, when I had it I was miserable and my lungs burned in a way I've never felt before. I was very tired and very sick... FOR ONE DAY. I used heavy amounts of vitamin C, got plenty of sun, ate a tun of garlic, used my asthma inhaler, took an essential oil remedy I like (one of the OnGuard blends) and ate chicken soup. I slept as much as I could.

    The next day I felt somewhat better. The day after that I felt even better, continued all my various strategies, and was completely well by the end of the third day. I didn't even miss any work because this was over a weekend. I have asthma and was overweight at the time so I had complicating factors.

    I'm not saying that everyone responds to treatments the same way, I'd be stupid that I did. I do think, however, that a person who actually pays attention to their nutrition, hydration, rest and stress levels probably doesn't have to worry about Covid itself.

    ReplyDelete