Tuesday, June 01, 2021

That's one risk I'm not willing to take


I have no plans to get the Covid "jab". Not unless it looks necessary, and has been shown to be safe, in 20 years or so. Then we can discuss it.

I would rather not catch Covid and die-- or have lasting effects.
I would rather not get "the jab" and have a reaction and die-- or have lasting effects.

But, for some reason, and I know it's not rational, I would rather take my chances with the virus.

At this point, I would feel dumber for getting "the jab" and having a bad reaction (since I feel it's something I shouldn't do) than if I caught the virus naturally (assuming there's anything natural about this virus). 

I was exposed, intensely, several times during the first year of the virus. Now, I feel (and I could be wrong) that I either had some natural genetic immunity to it or caught Covid and didn't know and developed some immunity that way. I have seen nothing to convince me that immunity (if any) conferred by "the jab" is superior to natural immunity.

I'm not the slightest bit worried about catching Covid, and certainly not of catching it and having a serious problem from it. The only person I know personally with lingering ill-effects from Covid has never been what I would consider a healthy person. And I know others, personally, who caught it and recovered with no ill effects even though they were riddled with co-morbidities.

If I got "the jab" now and had a bad reaction it would feel like I took an unnecessary risk. A dumb risk. Almost like I was asking for trouble.

Why fiddle with what seems to have worked? If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

--

A friend-of-a-friend in California (I'm making an educated guess that she's a radical left-statist) is still so terrified of Covid that she won't stop masking, has been fully "jabbed", still avoids people, and is skipping an important (to her) memorial service (a Covid-delayed funeral) due to her terror. 

If you ask me-- and you didn't-- this is evidence of psychological abuse. Who is to blame? Politicians, her politics, the media she consumes, society, or some combination? 

I wish someone had the guts to try to deprogram her and give her back her life. If I knew her, I would try. But sometimes you get what you v*te for.

-

Thank you for helping support KentForLiberty.com
Get a Time's Up flag or two

9 comments:

  1. Your decision to make!

    But, before making it final I suggest you go back through your post, note the number of times you used the word "feel," replace feeling (the action, not the word) with thinking in those instances, and see if you reach the same conclusion. Not that there's anything wrong with feeling. It's just not a substitute for thinking, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas, the only decision that is "final" is getting the jab. There is no reversing the damage it will do. Chink Bug on the other hand, is on aversge 99.7% survivable.

      Delete
    2. You're clearly not responding to anything I said, but merely taking the opportunity to work the slur "chink" in every chance you get.

      So go fuck yourself.

      Delete
    3. As I said, in bold letters, "I know it's not rational". The whole point of the post is how I feel about it. I know the vaccines are probably no more dangerous than the virus. But, balancing them out, I don't think there are compelling reasons to get an experimental vaccine (or gene therapy) for a virus that hasn't gotten me, with every chance to do so.

      Delete
    4. Re-looking over your post, it seems to me that you're doing more reasoning than feeling. And your reasoning seems sound.

      For me, the compelling reasons for getting vaccinated in a clinical trial were partly rational (I'm getting paid pretty good money) and partly feelz (I happen to enjoy participating in research).

      I agree that no one should be compelled to take any of the available vaccines, either while they're experimental or once they've proven out (if they do).

      Delete
  2. I too, believe my wife and I had it without knowing, and at the time no testing was available. In the past year while working in EMS, I have been exposed to many patients that were positive for Chink Bug. Since our bout with the virus, neither of us have been sick in any form. She succumbed to external pressures and got the J&J jab, but I will not.... EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bad cold early in the panic-demic. But it may have been a rhinovirus or some other coronavirus since there was no reporting of any cases locally at that time. And there were a couple of other times later in the year I felt like a cold was coming on for a day or so, then it just went away without taking root. So, who knows.

      I am not against others getting "the jab" if they want to, but none of this-- on either side-- is based on anything other than feelings, no matter what they may say. There just isn't enough known, and for every science claim on one side, there's an opposing science claim on the other side. The one thing that turns me off about the radical pro-vax side is how hard they are pushing everyone to take it. Threatening to use the violence of government against anyone who makes a different choice. No one with a solid point does that.

      Delete
  3. As I see it the worst part of vaxxing is the way it's being forced upon us. Not much by enactment of laws, rather by pressure applied by big firms.

    They require it of employees and customers. So it's all voluntary, yes? Even South West Airlines has succumbed. They all depend on gov't, so must sing its tune.

    ReplyDelete