Sunday, February 14, 2021

Joss could have learned from his better characters


I don't know if the allegations against Joss Whedon are true, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

I've loved Firefly since before I was able to watch it, but I was always somewhat less impressed by Whedon as a person.

For all his great characters, dialog, and guns he has expressed the views of a "Left-statist" with anti-gun bigotry. I've never seen an anti-gun bigot who was truly a great person. There's a reason someone doesn't want others able to defend themselves from violators, and I don't buy the canned excuses they use.

He may be completely innocent, and if so, I hope the truth comes out. I hope the truth comes out either way. I'm not going to stop being a Browncoat no matter what happens with Joss. Many of the characters he created may well be better people than he is. (But that's probably the case with all fiction writers.)

-

Thank you for helping support KentForLiberty.com
Get a Time's Up flag or two

No comments:

Post a Comment