Saturday, July 04, 2020

"Mandatory" masks and independence



I'm agnostic on face masks-- medical science (real medical science) is unclear on whether they are a net benefit. It's not political for me.

 I'm against "mandatory". Every time. This is how some bad guy makes it political.

I'm told this stance makes me an awful person. I should just do what I'm told. "What's the big deal?" I'm asked. And if I don't do as I'm told, it's OK to fine me. Or kill me if I resist. "It's not violence..." to threaten people with government. Then I was pigeonholed with "some white people", and when I said this was a racist comment, the person suffered cognitive dissonance and babbled a bit.

Happy "Independence Day", in your mandated masks and under your fireworks ban, surrounded by anti-gun government-supremacists who claim they don't understand why you don't simply comply with their plans for you. They hate independence with a passion and most of the population agrees with them.

Added: I went to PlastiCrap World today and while there saw a young couple wearing Guy Fawkes masks. I told them I had thought about wearing mine during the mask mandate. I probably would if it weren't for the fact that glasses don't work with it and I kind of need to be able to see.

-

Writing to promote liberty is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.
I hope I add something you find valuable enough to support.

8 comments:

  1. “…the wearing of a cloth mask is…a sign of submission with no value at all attached to it.”

    "This July 4th, do not celebrate independence. Declare it."

    Just say no. It is one of the most powerful words in the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Hampton Roads VA, there are only 2 places I have to were a mask, the Doctors Office and my Barber Shop. When shopping yesterday at BJ's, Kroger's and Lowes didn't wear a mask and about 35% of the other customers were not wearing masks.

    Happy Independence Day! Grill a steak and crack open an nice ice cold Beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Austin it's pretty much just me not wearing a mask. Lovely town spoiled by the people.

      Delete
    2. I went to town yesterday and stores were actively preventing people from entering if they weren't masked. Out in the open, only a few people were masked, but inside the stores it was 100%. As if this will cure anything...

      Delete
  3. The FN governor of TX issued a face mask decree - with a loophole for medical conditions. "Oppositional Defiance Disorder", aka "sane", springs to mind as something that would be an amusing form of mass defiance, if this state wasn't chock full of sheep.

    Jim Henshaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in NC, the 'gubbenor' has gone full retard and issued a decree that masks are mandatory, etc. etc. I offer the following for your consideration:

    Moral authority https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_authority

    "Moral authority is authority premised on principles, or fundamental truths, which are independent of written, or positive, laws. As such, moral authority necessitates the existence of and adherence to truth."

    Political Authority https://spot.colorado.edu/~huemer/1.htm

    Political authority is the hypothesized moral property in virtue of which governments may coerce people in certain ways not permitted to anyone else, and in virtue of which citizens must obey governments in situations in which they would not be obligated to obey anyone else.

    I have moral authority to make decisions that relate to myself and my actions. I have no moral authority to make decisions for other people. Other individuals including medical and political figures have the equivalent, ie limited, moral authority.

    Our governor, and other government entities, invoke political authority to demand certain behaviors that over-rule individual moral authority. They do this in confidence that through force of arms, or threats thereof, people will comply. They employ the practical principle expressed by Mao Zedong: "All political power comes from the barrel of a gun."

    In so doing, our governor instructs us.

    We who wish to preserve our moral authority must, in self defense, escalate to an armed response.

    Hans
    ... in the NC woods

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before it was mandatory, I was happy to wear the mask. Even though I don't think this virus is all that dangerous (number of deaths versus number of positive cases bears this out) I wore it to the grocery store so that the elders who were there would feel more comfortable. It didn't hurt me and it reduced their stress level. So - no problem.

    Now that it's mandatory I hate the thing. I still wear it because I'm being "grey" but I detest HAVING to. Oddly enough, I managed to get a mild case of what is likely the flu, despite all the mandated precautions. I am already in the process of beating it, but it makes me think.

    Happy Independence Day - be free in your mind, if nothing else. We can all do that by reading and learning true history and consuming multiple news sources so we see the inconsistencies. I hope you are safe and well.

    ReplyDelete