Tuesday, March 31, 2020

How can I trust reports of a virus pandemic?



We are all acting on an assumption, no matter how we are responding to the reports of a pandemic.

Is there really a coronavirus pandemic? How can I know? I can't trust the governmedia. I don't personally know anyone who is sick-- and even if I did, I have no way to independently confirm what they are sick with-- I don't have a lab or the proper training to uncover their pathogens.

All I have are reports and stories from other people-- and most of those other people work for government and are in a position to personally benefit from a panic, or they work for mass media and are also in a position to personally benefit from a panic.

To believe there's a pandemic going on I have to trust someone else to tell the truth, and not just "the truth as they see it", but to accurately report reality.

So, while I suspect there is probably a pandemic caused by coronavirus, it's only because I generally believe that the reports are directionally accurate. Even though I also believe the virus itself is less dangerous/deadly than we are being led to believe.

The panic, though, is dangerous. It's the panicdemic. Like an old, sweaty stick of dynamite; ready to explode if bumped the wrong way. Maybe it will and maybe it won't. But you never know which little bump will set it off, and it's getting bumped a lot. Every new tyrannical order is another bump. Tick tock, tick tock...

But I'm already seeing signs that people are getting tired of the high anxiety panic drama. It's hard to stay panicked for a long time. It gets old and tiresome. They start to ignore the calls to continue to panic. They get used to the situation. Will people tire of the panic and return to "normal" activities before the panic explodes into something worse? How will government respond if no one is still paying attention to their proclamations? Stay tuned...

-

Writing to promote liberty is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.
I hope I add something you find valuable enough to support.

6 comments:

  1. I believe you about government being a parasite. I don't believe that we should have a government. The thing I think that you are wrong is the fact that hospitals are filled to capacity. My sister is a doctor and I have other family in the medical field. They even say it is a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten anything like a credible report of that happening. I know it isn't happening around here.
      So, the hospitals are filled to capacity where you are, and this is something very unusual?

      Delete
  2. I'm from a pretty good size city of around 200,000 people of Rochester New York. My sister does not work in a hospital. But my aunt does. I am not trying to be jerk about it I am just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I am saying is that I have seen-- personally, with my own eyes-- zero evidence. None. I have heard the media saying stuff, and I have heard friend-of-a-friend reports (and you know how credible those often end up being). Your experience may be different, and being in an urban area, that's understandable. But, still, even if you are telling the truth, it's still-- from my perspective-- an anonymous person telling me things they've heard from others. That's my point.

      And, as I said, I think there probably is a pandemic. But I think it's less dangerous than the reactions to it.

      Delete
  3. O'h I forgot to mention my aunt works near New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supposedly, CBS News did a story about New York City hospitals, but used pictures from Italian hospitals. It's really hard to believe anything these days in the media. Even many alternative media sources are seeming to get involved in the "virus" hype.

    ReplyDelete