Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Statist priorities


I've pointed out that when the religion of Statism conflicts with other religions, people generally defer to Statism, allowing other religious beliefs to be given the scraps; to be pushed down the stack of priorities.

This photo, which I took at a nearby church, illustrates this perfectly. Oddly, for this area, the wind was calm so the flags aren't as visible as I wish. But that's a US federal flag-- Holy Pole Quilt-- placed on a pole above the Christian flag.

That's right, they give Holy Pole Quilt a position of superiority over their other beliefs. They are honoring Statism over Christianity.

Yes, I realize the old (and retired) "US flag codes" require this placement. So?

Why are they even flying Holy Pole Quilt at a church at all? What does that have to do with their primary mission?

When I was a kid I heard people talk about the brave Christians in the USSR and China who risked death by putting Christianity above the wishes and opinions ("laws") of the State. Yet Americans can't bother to do the same in a minor way when the US feral government is highly unlikely to murder them for doing so? If you won't stand up when it's easy, how can you believe you will when the stakes are high?

They need to get their priorities straight and choose who or what they are going to worship. Or, just give up.
-

Writing to promote liberty is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.
I hope I add something you find valuable enough to support.

5 comments:

  1. I'm confused. Can god see everything the NSA does or does the NSA have god's office bugged too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the first things I did when hired as the Facilities Manager* where I attend church (we had just purchased a building, moving from meeting in a school to a used church building) was to go through the building. 20 years ago, I would have left the US federal flag I found in the storage room. Due to the 'corrupting' influence of people like you & Claire Wolfe, its sitting in my garage while I decide what to do with it. As far as I am concerned, putting up a flagpole (which some have talked about) would be grounds for my immediate resignation. Thank you for your 'corrupting' influence. *"Facilities Manager" = fancy term for nice handyman & cranky janitor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I was able to provide such a service. LOL.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on the building! My church just made the terrible decision to move from a paid-off building to a school... and I'm debating finding a new church home. So far, every church I've visited in the area has a holy pole quilt, which is a deal-breaker for me.

      As for the idol you removed from your church, how does God tell us to handle such things? Seems like every verse I can find about idols says to not create them and to tear down / smash / burn / destroy any you find. If I possessed such an item, I think I'd burn it, then dispose of the remains in the garbage.

      Delete