Friday, May 24, 2019

The bare minimum



Yesterday was an oppressive, muggy day here on the Llano Estacado. And muggy is rare in these parts.

Plus, I was busy with social obligations that drained me of my life force. The Force doesn't seem strong in this one right now. Not at all.

On top of that, I'm trying to come up with next week's newspaper column and hitting a brick wall there, too.

I was not at my best. So I really have little to write and add to the world today.

But even with all that, I didn't violate anyone's life, liberty, or property. That's something. Some people don't seem able to manage that much even on their good days.
-

Writing is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.

2 comments:

  1. possible topic: new "legislation" in some states being considered about firearms (be it red flag laws, or infringement on the 2nd)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. I may need to wait a bit on that, though. I've been a little heavy on gun owners' rights recently, including one of those kind of anti-gun "laws". For example: link and link. I try to give them a break and mix it up to avoid being told I'm focusing on one topic too much (it has happened in the past). Anger everyone equally, and all that. Plus, they prefer I focus more on local issues (as I did in the first of those links).

      Delete