Thursday, February 21, 2019

Under the hammer of the State



It doesn't matter if you have the best idea in the world-- if you try to implement it using government violence, it's not ethical. It can't be.

There is nothing I want badly enough to advocate using government violence against you-- not even if I believe you are deserving of self-defensive violence.

For example: Let's assume that I'm right and that more guns in individual hands is a good thing. Would I advocate a "law" to require everyone to own guns? No way.

Once you add aggression, including government violence in the form of "laws", to your idea, your idea is crap.

If your idea depends on theft ("taxation"), it's wrong.

If your idea relies on being imposed by "laws", your idea can't stand on its own.

If your idea needs government, then you need to let it go and find a different idea.

When you allow yourself to use the anti-social hammer of government, everything looks like a nail.

_______________

Reminder: I could really use some help.
-

Writing is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment