Friday, November 23, 2018

"It's alive! Be amazed as I kill it!"



One thing you can credit the "Secure the borders"/"anti-illegal immigration"[sic] folks with is that they are invariably masters of the straw man.

They are Dr. Frankenstein, but instead of corpses, they build their monster out of straw, then they don't wait for the villagers to rally with pitchforks and torches; they burn their own creation themselves and pretend to be the hero.

I recognize the straw man for what it is, of course. But if you point it out, they just build another and another and another. They are experts and building and burning them. And they impress themselves very much.

_______________

Reminder: I could really use some help.
-

This blog is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment