Sunday, July 29, 2018

They don't want my help



I love to help people.

Unfortunately, a lot of my help is offered to people who don't know they need help. And therefore don't want it. I'm not going to force it on them, because that would only be "helping".

I feel sure that most (marginally ethical) people would be embarrassed if they understood what they are supporting by supporting cops or government, and I want to save them that embarrassment, so I point it out to them. They don't appreciate it.

Turns out they don't care what they are actually supporting as long as they get a pat on the head. As long as it seems like everyone else supports the same thing (which makes me an annoyance in yet another way since I don't). They don't want to learn anything that would suggest they should change anything.

So I end up helping less often than I'd like.
-

This blog is my job.
YOU get to decide if I get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment