Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Convince me



Convince me that humans have the right to initiate force and damage the usefulness of each other's property.

Then convince me that government-- the State-- is the proper way to put this into action.

Convince me I'm wrong, or convince me that I've stated the problem incorrectly.

Really. Convince me. If I'm wrong, I want to know. I want to know why I'm wrong and how I'm wrong.

And here's why: I don't feel like a success. I've always been financially broke, even long before I embarked on making money (or trying to) through writing. If I weren't wrong, I believe I might be (or feel) more of a success. I see those around me who embrace statism profiting greatly. I realize the sample is skewed since those are the only people around me.

No, I'm not jealous or envious, but I can't help but see their success as a finger of accusation pointing right at me. Pointing out my shortcomings. And, I'm perfectly willing to accept that my problems might stem from some other personal flaw, having nothing to do with my post-statism. Still, if I'm wrong, I need to know.

-
Thank you for helping support KentforLiberty.com

Follow me on Steemit

8 comments:

  1. I can't convince you that you're wrong when I believe you're right!

    Speaking as someone with some degree of financial "success", it really bothers me that I'm feeding the very institution that commits such evil. I don't see your financial troubles as an accusation, but evidence that your beliefs are correct! You are putting truth and justice over financial success, and that earns you a lot of respect in my eyes.

    One final thought: financial success isn't the most important thing in the world. If you are surrounded by people you love and who love you, you're more of a success than someone who's financially secure but doesn't have good relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to ponder this a bit before I responded, but I wanted to thank you for this comment.

      I guess my frustration is that almost all my relatives (with basically only one exception) work for the State, and do very well. I'm the black sheep in that I'm the one who can never afford to go off and do things with the family unless they pay my way. This makes "truth and justice" look like a loser proposition to them. Makes it harder to win them over- although I really don't push the issue.

      I ride the ragged edge of financial disaster. I guess that's true of a lot of people- maybe even most people. But I get tired of needing to post "blegs" so often, so I avoid doing so even when I really need to. Until I simply can't avoid it. About half of the blegs I post result in a donation. I will say I'm fairly creative at making money stretch beyond how it should.

      I realize financial success isn't the most important thing. It would be nice, though, if lack of it didn't cause so much friction (even with relationships). It's exhausting.

      Delete
    2. he took the Danegeld.
      made a deal with the devil.

      Delete
  2. success, or con game?

    https://ideapod.com/elon-musks-business-empire-fueled-4-9-billion-government-subsidies-businesses-self-sustainable/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Musk's use of stolen money disappoints me, but what disappoints me even worse is that he lowered himself to launch government/military payloads. Probably had to agree to do that to be "allowed" to launch by the FAA and whatever other bullies pretend they have "authority".

      Delete
  3. "How government converted one of the tech sector's stars into a corporate welfare monster."

    http://nationalinterest.org/feature/cut-elon-musks-government-subsidy-gravy-train-18671

    ReplyDelete
  4. play the game, pay the thugs, or be raped

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danegeld

    like paying off the mob.
    pay along to get along.
    and sometimes get rewarded by mob.
    ...but then, you are in the mob.
    corruption pays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from wikipedia article on Danegeld: "But as we have seen, Danegeld has been paid, and the thing about Danegeld is that one keeps on having to pay it."

      Delete