Sunday, January 22, 2017

"La la la... I can't hear you!"

When people are doing something incorrectly, they aren't generally interested in being shown the right way. This baffles me beyond words, but it's true.

It holds true whether it is my daughter trying to bowl, holding the ball completely wrong and getting a gutter ball every time, or people believing freedom comes from government, cops, and "laws".

When I can clearly see what someone is doing wrong, I want to point it out to them. It pains me to see someone fail over and over again, out of ignorance. It's even worse to see them stay the course to failure due to stubbornness.

But, I am learning that instruction is never welcomed. Or, at least rarely enough as to be "never" for all intents and purposes (or should I say "for all intensive purposes" as I've heard people say, who then refuse to say it correctly even when their error has been pointed out- never by me- and they are aware they sound dumb?)

Do people enjoy being wrong?

I know better ways to live among other people. I know how to improve individual safety, and thus "public safety". I know how to end inflation. I know how to protect property rights and end the "immigration" conniptions. These things are NOT rocket science, and it has taken hundreds of years of ignorance on top of stubbornness on top of stupidity to make them seem hard. In other words, it has taken statism.

And most people apparently enjoy the misery they bring upon themselves. Otherwise, why not just drop it and start taking the correct path?


-


This blog, like all of KentforLiberty.com, is reader supported. 
Any donations or subscriptions are GREATLY appreciated! Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment