Monday, November 14, 2016

Please reject revenge

I am not a supporter of revenge. Not at all.

However, I have been guilty of it in the past- once (years ago) I was even quite creative plotting and setting up a revenge situation, although I have no way of knowing what ever came of it. And I realize now it was wrong of me.

Actually, I knew it was wrong when I did it, too, but I did it anyway and felt quite pleased with myself. I am not perfect, but I try to do better all the time. I wouldn't feel good about myself if I did something like that now.

So, I don't advocate revenge, but I can certainly understand it.

In the same way, there are people who do things so bad that I can't help but feel a bit of pleasure when someone else gets revenge on them.

I realize I am probably wrong to feel satisfaction when a bad guy "gets his". Even when it is someone who, from personal experience, I feel "deserves" whatever he gets.

The problem with revenge is that it is an initiation of force. It doesn't matter if it is called "punishment" or "justice"- if you are not in immediate danger of being violated, you become the aggressor if you attack.

But, I will say this: in a case where the history of the victim of revenge makes me sympathize with the person who got revenge on him, he shouldn't come to me seeking my help in arbitration, because I would be biased. I know that is probably also wrong of me.

-

This blog, like all of KentforLiberty.com, is reader supported. Thank you.


(Steemit link)

1 comment:

  1. They have been stalking, manipulating, playing some twisted sick fuking game with me since before I was born, apparently trying to make me their pet goat or something. I have reached out to friends, family, authorities, and anyone or everyone whom I thought may be able to assist me to resolve this issue, to no avail.

    It took me decades, but I have finally tracked the source to a network of people and a specific time/place/circumstance. I have a list of names of active participants and their support network.

    I have been doing a bit of research, probing, analyzing and putting a big puzzle together. I have been systematically hunting them down, respectfully reaching out to every one of them, one by one. I watch them play more stupid games, lie and evade, try to intimidate and position themselves for something. They demonstrate their guilt in their response.

    I have done absolutely nothing to them. There has been no provocation on my part. And all attempts at reasonable resolution have thus far failed.

    Killing them is an act of defense. Torturing their children to death in front of them is revenge. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

    ReplyDelete