Sunday, November 13, 2016

Appreciating small "favors"

I don't v*te, so I obviously don't v*te for "the lesser of two (or more) evils".

That doesn't mean I can't appreciate when one of the lesser evils gets imposed on me instead of the greatest evil.

And, make no mistake, I am firmly convinced, due to decades of experience, that Hillary Clinton was that greatest of evils.

Just because I'm relieved the blizzard hit my house instead of the tornado doesn't mean I wanted the blizzard. (OK, bad example- I generally love blizzards. But you know what I mean.) I also don't believe it would make any difference if I petitioned the weather and requested the blizzard over the tornado. I'm better off preparing for both rather than begging the atmosphere to respect my wishes.

I'm slightly relieved when the one I believe (and it is ONLY a belief) I'm better equipped to survive strikes. I won't choose a lesser evil, but I'm glad to avoid the greatest evil.

Yes, Trump has many insane ideas which would be disastrous for liberty- "stop and frisk", a border wall and mass deportation, and "protectionism" of various sorts. However, I expect him to break those promises- as all presidents do- if he doesn't get assassinated by the Hillarites first. That's why even his scary promises don't worry me too much. I will still oppose "laws" which violate anyone's Rightful Liberty, no matter the justifications, no matter who they come from.

Whatever happens, I will continue to behave as I always do; hoping for the best while preparing for the worst.
-

This blog, like all of KentforLiberty.com, is reader supported. Thank you.


(Steemit link)

No comments:

Post a Comment