Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Statism is unacceptable

There are many behaviors which are simply unacceptable.

Rape, murder, theft, kidnapping... the list includes all violations of life, liberty, and property. There is simply no justification for them that holds water.

Yet, there is a belief system which excuses all of these within certain parameters: statism.

In fact, without those behaviors, statism would cease to exist as anything real. It wouldn't be able to hurt anyone, except the person who holds the belief in statism in his own mind.

Statism is anti-social and uncivilized. If there were such a thing as a "social contract", statism would be the breaking of that contract.

Statism is just unacceptable.

-

(If you use Steemit, please go there and upvote this post.)
-
If you get any value from my writing, consider rewarding me with your financial support commensurate with the value you receive. You can also do that with zero cost to yourself by upvoting my posts on Steemit. This blog is in its 10th year now. If you believe I have contributed anything to the conversation regarding liberty during these ten years, and believe I have more to contribute, help me keep writing without the fear of saying something to get fired over. I really, desperately could use some more help; please don't depend on the same people always helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment