Thursday, September 03, 2015

You can't spell it without "best"

(Previously posted to Patreon)

Recently I saw a news story about a woman who was arrested after pictures surfaced of her having sex with her dog. I'm not proud of the fact that this keeps coming back to my mind, but it does.

And, not in a good way.

It's like other horrific things I have seen or heard of; things I'd rather purge from my mind. But, which, for whatever reason, keep sticking around.

Bestiality utterly disgusts me... but for the life of me, I can't figure out any logical reason to criminalize it.

Who is harmed? The dog in this case had to be willing, plus he isn't a person. He wasn't even hurt. The woman was willing, and apparently enjoyed it. Even in cases of penetrative sex, there is no chance of a half human hybrid resulting. No risk of unwanted pregnancy leading to abortion.

It seems to all come down to disgust or "community standards", which are terrible excuses to destroy someone's life.

Which shows the difference between me and the control freaks out there. I am perfectly willing to be disgusted, and not use my emotional reaction as an excuse to kidnap someone and throw them in a cage- or murder them if they try to defend themselves from the kidnappers.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment