Thursday, August 20, 2015

"Race" or culture?

I know I say sexist things. I honestly believe there are obvious differences between the sexes. Neither is "better", but they are different. And both have their own problems.

I may sometimes say "racist" things.

I don't know if there are real differences between the "races"- or if "race" is even an actual thing. I suspect what most people call "racial" differences are actually differences in culture.

There are definitely cultural differences, and some cultures are simply better than others. You can tell by how they look upon aggression and theft. Statism is a degenerate culture which cuts across all other cultural lines.

I don't concern myself with anything about you other than how you treat others. Do you live by the Zero Aggression Principle? Do you respect the property of others? That's enough- the minimum- to be a decent person. You can stop there and I'll have no problems with you- nor you with me. You might go above and beyond, and if so, I sing your praises.

Your sex, gender, "race", skin color, preferences, sexuality, hobbies, kinks, loyalties, job, or anything else are secondary to that one important thing: do you violate others? None of those things are any of my business unless you make them my business. None of those things can justify violating others. There is simply no excuse.

If your culture "makes" you violate others, I have a problem with your "culture", and I would like to see it changed or eliminated. If you use your "culture" as justification for violating others I would like to see you change or be eliminated. Through acts of self defense- at the scene of the attack. I really have no pity.

.

4 comments:

  1. I hate humans. I hate being a human. Humans are evil. I wish I could exterminate our species.

    What counters my reasoning are people like you, Kent. If it were up to me, your family would be one of the few remaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the same way. And, sometimes, when I see how little people consider the consequences of their actions on others, I get tingles of that some old feeling. But, generally, accepting the Unfortunate Truths and getting over the superstition of "authority" has helped me get over that.

      Delete
  2. Kent, as usual you're spot on. You have become one of my favorite purveyors of libertarian thought. Having been a libertarian for more than four decades, you're not really teaching me anything I don't already know, but your ability to say so much in so few words has helped me considerably when discussing libertarian ideals with others. Thanks so much for all your work to promote and restore freedom and rational thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And you're welcome.
      I wish I had known about libertarians 4 decades ago. As it was, I had serious libertarian leanings, but wasn't aware anyone else thought like I did, or that there was a name for it. I had heard of the Libertarian Party- but only had heard of them as "the drugs and sex people". People called me "anti-government" and put me in the "conservative" pigeonhole- where I knew I didn't really fit very well, because I felt "conservatives" were constantly stabbing me in the back by wanting more government. It was uncomfortable. Then I accidentally discovered L. Neil Smith's book "Lever Action" and was finally able to put a name to how I believed. Soon after, I got a WebTV and was able to start doing some research on libertarians- and started shedding the inconsistencies I hadn't even been aware I was holding. It's been quite a ride. Anyway, TMI.

      Delete