Saturday, June 27, 2015

Learn from others

I am willing to learn from the experience of others. I am constantly amazed at those who aren't.

Sure I will experiment and see if their advice holds up. Often it doesn't. Sometimes it does, and I find a better way.

I will try other ways, too.

But so many I see simply refuse to even try something someone else suggests. It's as if listening to someone else is a threat to their ego.

And it doesn't have to be anything important. Something as simple as the "best way" to load dishes into the dishwasher, so that more stuff fits, and actually gets clean, seems to be ego-based for some people. Listening to what others have learned from experience is a sign of weakness to some people. I don't understand that.

And, for things that are actually important, rejecting the experience of others who have gone before seems completely crazy to me.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment