Sunday, March 15, 2015

Education beats enforced ignorance every time

I'm actually going to pass along an anti-gun ad (even though I hate to give it page views). Well, perhaps you might consider it "gun safety" rather than anti-gun. That argument could be made, but I think it's on shaky ground. It feels anti-gun to me.

Anyway, here it is:




Yes, kids who are kept ignorant will play with anything they find. Now. once again, I suggest education is the key.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the boys had been educated about what the "toys" were, and how to properly use them, they wouldn't have touched them with a ten-foot pole.

A locked-up gun is useless for defense. Of course, that's what the anti-liberty bigots want. It's their idea of "safety". Safety for whom?

.

2 comments:

  1. When I was growing up, my dad kept his guns in a gun rack that I was too small to reach until I was about seven. That's when he bought me my first shotgun - a .410. I still have that thing and it's among my favorite guns. I knew better than to touch it without his permission. I would have had my ass beat. When I was 10, I was allowed to take it and squirrel hunt alone. I was taught respect and that a gun was a tool, not a toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad kept his in a closet. I knew exactly where they were and where the ammo was. He had told me not to touch them without him around, but any time I wanted to look at them he'd get them out. And he took me out shooting. My dad isn't a gun guy, but it was never a big deal. That's how I have raised all my kids, too.

      Delete