Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fear?

One question that anti-gun bigots love to pose to gun owners is "what are you afraid of?"

Well, I can't answer for anyone else, but as for myself- nothing that owning and carrying a gun could protect me from.

Do I believe a gun "makes me safe"? No, but it is a useful part of the strategy to make myself as safe as I can. There are many situations where having a gun in my control makes me safer than if I didn't- and the only times the opposite might be true is when facing the gang of the State. You'll have to decide for yourself whether freelance thugs or State thugs are the greatest danger, and act accordingly.

.

2 comments:

  1. What are we afraid of? How about a nut job, like the guy who killed his ex-wife and five of his former in-laws in Pennsylvania a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I'm not afraid of that because I feel I have the ability to defend myself from any nutjobs. And none of my exes seem inclined to kill me.

      I am more afraid of things like cancer, or loneliness, or the death of a loved one- things I can't really shoot.

      Delete