Wednesday, July 16, 2014

One chance only

I've known ex bad guys who are now good guys. Even some ex cops.

It's why I'm willing to forgive as long as a bad guy reforms and never again initiates force or theft. I'm not in favor of spending my time tracking down former bad guys- especially if the former State has collapsed and there's a free society. They lost- move on and enjoy the freedom, and don't dwell on the past.

I roll my eyes at those hunting down geriatric old former Nazis. I am not in favor of revenge or vigilantism.

That doesn't mean that if a former bad guy falls back into his old ways he gets a pass. Use whatever force is necessary to stop him- even if he dies. Wipe the slate clean, but don't ignore new violations.

-
Rattle, rattle...

.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed. The whole "convicted felon" label is absurd. If someone has done their time, let them get on with their life.

    I wonder how much recidivism is due to the stigma of "felon" which this mad state has hung around the neck of people who have passed through their money-making prison machine?

    As Ayn Rand wrote, the state cannot control anyone but criminals. More criminals, especially life-long criminals, means more control.

    ReplyDelete