Saturday, May 31, 2014

Take the first step

People are always saying they want to fix this or that, but they are rarely willing to take the first step. If you really love and understand liberty, and you want there to be more of it, and a safer environment in which to live it, then there is a first step: Abolish police- replace them with nothing. Or at least stop thinking of cops as "good" and "necessary", and begin seeing them as the standing army you were warned about, and as the gravest threat to your individual liberty.

Sure, you can exercise your liberty now, with the police/bad guys all around you. There will always be bad guys trying to violate you in one way or another- if you are scared to live in liberty now, you'll probably always find an excuse.

But... cops are "special" in that they are mistaken for "the good guys" by so many of your friends, family, and neighbors. If you fight back when they come to molest you- or worse- most of the people around you will blindly think of you as the problem. Do what you can to solve that mental glitch, and the war will be half won.

Cops are where the boot-heel meets the face. There is no excuse for them. Abolish police and replace them with nothing.

.

1 comment:

  1. I am a sovereign state. All police have been abolished. This is a state of liberty.

    I am surrounded, however, by an occupied state. Their police, as I understand it, often believe they have "jurisdiction" to cross borders into states such as mine at the least provocation. I must defend myself against the likelihood of those incursions.

    And they manage to steal a portion of my resources -- there is not a lot I can do about that -- they are now attempting to rob...er, "collect tax"...from folks like you and me all over the earth. Here is a video pertaining to that.

    I have abolished the police in my state. But there is not a lot I can do to help you abolish the police in yours. But I can encourage you to take the first step: Abstain From Beans.

    Sam

    . ..

    ReplyDelete