Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Yellow Ribbons

I just watched "The Hunger Games" again.  It made me realize there is little if any difference between their "74th annual Hunger Games" and the latest government war.  And little if any difference between the human sacrifice of the "tributes" and the "troops".  It's pointless government extremism in both cases.

It gave me an idea.  Someone should print up some of those yellow ribbon magnets with the caption "Support Our Tributes" on it.  Or, maybe just "Support Human Sacrifice" if you don't want to leave any doubts to the meaning.

If you use this idea and make a billion dollars, I'd appreciate a cut.


.

3 comments:

  1. Kent,

    The movie was so-so. The books totally rocked!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the movie and I want to read the books. Maybe I need to look at the Kindle version as soon as I finish the books I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have the wrong book. Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria etc. etc. are the equivalent of Orwell's "We have always been at war with Eastasia."
    The Hunger Games is the War on Terror in the US. That is Boston, FBI terrorist entrapments, the constant warning about "right wing terrorists." They are all designed to keep the unthinking masses afraid and shouting USA.

    ReplyDelete