Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Don't wait for the 'law'

Don't wait for the 'law'

Don't wait for the law to prompt you to do the right thing nor let the law prevent you from doing the right thing. Do the right thing regardless of the law.

I enjoyed reading some of the things readers said they would do if they woke up in a free society. I would love to live in a society where those types of activities were common. Think how much more colorful and interesting the countryside would be. I also enjoyed Claire Wolfe's thoughts on the subject.

Truthfully, I don't really know what I would do since I have never known what it is that I want to do. I'm sure I would wear a gun on my hip all the time. I'd drive without a "license". I'd probably grow some cannabis "just because" (the way I sometimes grow tobacco now, even though I don't smoke). Most of the "what I'd do"s I have already done at some point of my life.
As for the big questions, I have no clue what I'd end up doing. I'll continue to give it thought.
_________________________

You know what the government calls liberty, don't you? It calls it a "loophole". It's just a freedom that the government overlooked destroying- for now. The Albuquerque City Council is concerned over a loophole it wants to stitch closed in their cell phone ordinance. The way the counterfeit cell phone "law" is written complicates matters for Rulers wanting to "fine" (steal money from) drivers who legally use their cell phones while stopped at a traffic light. That can't be allowed! Can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment