Saturday, February 10, 2024

Newcomers bring change


There are things I don't like, but that I know I have no right to use force to prevent. A huge influx of migrants is one of those things.

This might be surprising considering I spend so much effort defending the right of people to go where they want, as long as they aren't violating anyone's property. And because I don't believe in government "borders". But personally, I'm generally against mass migration (and the conditions that cause it).

It's not even a matter of where those migrants originate.

I saw the damage done to Colorado by the influx of people from California. I don't think I could handle living in the place I love the most, not anymore, with the changes the newcomers brought. 

I think Texas faces the same risk.

The same could happen to any place that gets a large number of new people who don't value the things the current residents value. That's not necessarily a bad thing, depending on the current residents' attitude toward archation

Newcomers who love and understand liberty, even if the long-time residents don't, are a good thing for any population. 

If, though, the newcomers bring an enthusiasm for archation-- either through crime or legislation-- then they are a net negative. The place would be better off without them.

The character of the newcomers matters; government's opinion of them doesn't.

-
Liberty is the greater good!
If you want to support what I do, you will. If not, you won't.
Thank you.

Also this or this

No comments:

Post a Comment