Monday, July 24, 2023

Twitter X-ed me again


My Twitter account has been suspended without explanation right at the dawn of Twitter becoming "X".

Supposedly I violated the Twitter/X rules again, but this time they didn't tell me which tweet offended their sensibilities. Or, the way it was stated it may just be the totality of everything I do there.

I think it's possible it was a glitch stemming from their branding switch, since I can't think of anything I've done recently-- and it happened overnight so it couldn't have been today's blog post.

It's also possible one of the anti-gun bigots, pro-slavery/tax people, or one of the communists I've been interacting with got offended and reported me. But I never said anything threatening to them. We may never know.

I appealed and asked which rule I violated. They may or may not answer. Maybe I should have included "...so I'll know whether to go ahead and move to Threads". They'd probably know I'm not serious about that, though.

I get a lot of blogging inspiration from Twitter. Otherwise, I'd just let it go. 

The volatile nature of the platform means I can't make friends there, since the people I like get banned, suspended, and vanish too frequently to form attachments. There are several people who disappeared like this just as I was getting to know them, and right in the middle of conversations. That limits how useful I find the platform, and how much I like it, in a major way. That may be hurting Twitter's business model more than they realize.

Here’s the message I got: 


-
Could I get some love for my surgery fund
Or PayPal?
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Let's hope this is just a mistake. Otherwise, the Musk Revolution is history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't a mistake, even if I believe they are wrong. I'm as banned as a pre-Musk Trump. And since I don't have legions of fanboys, no one will convince them to let me back on. I think Musk's new head Twit is just as bad as Jack Twitler was.
      I'll explain what I did in tomorrow's post.

      Delete