Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Update to the surgery bleg- Updated 5-13


I figured it was time to update the surgery bleg.

Added 4-28-2023: I got one hospital bill, so the revised total I currently owe is now... right at $6,500. It could be worse, but I don't know if that's the entire thing yet, or if more bills will be arriving.

ADDED 5-13-2023: Got another bill, this one from the anesthesia department. I'm going backward! Ugh.

[The following paragraph is outdated, but I will leave it.]
At the moment, the amount I borrowed for the surgery and still owe is just over $3,100 (but see the above note). I haven't started getting bills from the hospital yet-- they've been busy sending me "satisfaction surveys" instead (don't worry: I rated them highly). I guess they want to get the satisfaction surveys out of the way before they start sending bills. Probably a smart move.

Medically, I'm doing well.

I stopped bleeding (due to the catheterization) about 2 weeks after the surgery. The catheter was by far the worst part of the ordeal. The pain from the incisions was never too bad-- the pain from the laparoscopic inflation was worse and longer lasting, but it was gone about a week after surgery. I finally stopped itching in the incision areas about 2 days ago. The scars are minimal. Everything seems to be working fine.

My blood pressure has even dropped to normal in the aftermath; whether that will last is unknown. It had stayed high ever since the kidney stone over 8 years ago, until this surgery. No idea why it came down.

I'm going to keep this post pinned to the top of the sidebar for a while. I know it's annoying, but I really need to keep this reminder up until I either get it all paid off or give up.

So, if you want to help, and if you can, please do. You can give through GiveSendGo or at my regular PayPal or through Venmo.

And share my GiveSendGo or this blog post anywhere you think might generate some interest. Thank you. Really!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment