Saturday, April 15, 2023

Appreciation post


I just thought I'd take a minute to say how wonderful all the nursing staff at the hospital was. I've had OK nurses-- and even apathetic nurses-- in the past. This crew blew them away.

A hospital stay is never something I'd choose, but I couldn't have asked for a better crew of caring, dedicated professionals. I was really impressed.

I thanked each and every one of them (that I got the chance to thank) because I wanted them to know how much I appreciated their help. And I meant it. There was Taylor, Sarah, Jessica, Ryan, Alex, Connie, Justin, and others whose names I've either forgotten or didn't know. Not a single one of them was lacking in any way that I could see. 

Great job, guys! Thank you!

Also, I greatly appreciate the surgeon and urologist who took care of me. Their skill is appreciated... a lot! Imagine what they had to do to me, without killing me in the process! Most of the time under their direct care I was unconscious, but it seems they did their jobs well. I survived and am healing. Thank you!

And, last but not least, I appreciate all the support-- financial and emotional-- I've received from the readers of my blog. You're my friends, even if I've never met you in person. You probably can't know how much that means to me! Thank you!

-
Help me cover the expense of the surgery. Help however you can. Thank you!

9 comments:

  1. Your experience mirrors my own. The nursing and medical staff in hospitals are their salvation. The regulation and financing are dreadful, but the individuals (with but one exception in my case, and I think her grandmother was a guard in Ravensbrück) do a fine professional job.

    Why they did not walk out in outraged disgust over the masking requirement, I do not know. But we oldsters are lucky they did not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Nicky Sunshine" the Lovely (Blonde, some Tats) Recurring Frequent Co-Host(ess) on the Fantastic "Free Talk Live" Video/Audio Podcast syndicated on ~185 Radio Stations Gave Up or Lost her Nursing Job due to Stupid Mandates, and is now concentrating more on Entrepreneurial Endeavors: her Doula Work, her Yoga Instruction Work, etc.

      Delete
    2. That Was Me [aul McCartney reference] Re: Nicky Sunshine.

      Delete
    3. *^"Paul McCartney"

      Delete
    4. I'm sure the medical profession is lesser from this loss. Sounds like she's making the best of it, though.

      Delete
  2. I am glad your operation/hospital experience was apparently made as good as could be hoped for considering the circumstances. It sounds as if you are on your way to a full recovery, just as I and so many others have been fervently wishing! Get Well Soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm barely bleeding at all anymore, so that's got to be a good sign.

      Delete
  3. Good. The World Needs As Many Voluntaryist-ish Bloggers/Newspaper Columnists As It Can Get!

    ReplyDelete