Wednesday, March 29, 2023

How my doctor appointment went


Not as well as I would have liked. That seems to be the theme.

I learned I have to go to another appointment-- another 180+ mile round trip-- on Friday, to meet with a doctor who will be assisting the main surgeon (due to a unique medical history complication). I begged for an alternative. There is none I can live with.

This trip was a monumental mess. I N-10-slee dislike medical stuff, and I hate bureaucracy-- maybe nearly as much. Tuesday was a glorious mix of the two-- I felt like Philip J. Fry swimming in Chunks, the 2-headed goat's, pool. 

And, of course, now the insurance problems begin. I'll see if they get resolved or get worse.

I'm terribly frustrated right now. I'm (unwisely?) taking some of my frustration out on Twitter-- if it doesn't get me banned. I won't be surprised if it happens this time.

Thank you for sticking with me through this. I know this isn't what you come here to read about.
-
I'm in the last week before the surgery.

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain -- yes, really. I used to live in an area where medical stuff meant long drives, and these bureaucratic snafus just add to all that time spent and to the frustration. Hope it all works out reasonably well for you.

    I spent the last couple of months worried sick while awaiting a consult on my lungs. While it didn't turn out to be NOTHING, it turned out to not be anything close to as bad as I feared. Basically instead of "we want to do a biopsy and then maybe stick you on chemo and/or radiation" it was "yeah, quit smoking and get another CT in June -- anything else is way down the road and not that likely." And the whole thing was 15 minutes down the road from my house, so I only had to waste five hours or so on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy for you!
      Usually, I like not living near any big cities. At times like these, and since the medical staff doesn't seem to understand the time and expense of making such trips, it's not so good.

      Delete
  2. Hang in there man! This too shall pass. I'm waiting to get a thing removed from a kidney that is probably cancerous, but they won't touch it till it's a certain size. Hopefully, it stays where it's at till it's gone. Traveling long distances with too much to think about is a killer. If Twitter keeps your mind off it, go for it! We're pulling for ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, and I hope the kidney thing goes well. It would be nice if your body decided it didn't want it there anymore and digested it.
      I think medical stuff is just so horrible because we seem so powerless to do much about it. I'm not good at being at the mercy of others.

      Delete