Thursday, December 22, 2022

A mite nippy


Much of the country is bracing for a wintery blast. Here on the Llano Estacado, we aren't expecting any precipitation (no, of course not), just high winds (not unusual) and frigid temperatures.

I spent an hour or so this morning making sure I'm prepared. It didn't take much. Mostly I just made things easier for myself to avoid having to do much outside for the next couple of days.

I also worked on getting things ready for the porch cats to be as comfortable as possible. I've done what I can; the rest is up to them.

I kind of enjoy getting ready for interesting weather. Or other natural events. It could be a personality flaw. 

I noticed when I lived in Colorado the coldest week of winter was almost always the week of Christmas. I'll see what the rest of this winter holds. I'd like to place an order for some decent amounts of snow at some point. Send any you don't want to me.

I hope you are ready for whatever this weather system will bring to your area. Always be prepared for the grid to fail, even on boring days, but especially on days when nature is planning to make things difficult for the oblividiots. But since you and I aren't that kind of person, we'll be fine. Responsibility and preparedness rule.

Stay cozy.

-
Please consider subscribing or donating. Now on Venmo, too!
I would appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a good thing, helping out those Porch Cats - I'm sure they appreciate it. I have a cat who I'm helping out, as I can. We used to let him in but he decided to raise a ruckus with the other cats whenever he came in. Too bad, he's a champion cuddler. But my loyalty is always to my own kittens over someone who actually has a home but prefers my yard. Anyway we have cold coming too so I set up a box for him, insulated with some of that reflective packing material that comes on Misfits Market or other food boxes. They make cat beds using Mylar that reflects their heat back to them, I figure this is a free way to do the same thing.

    Anyway, I hope you and yours have a happy and safe holiday season - fourleggeds and twoleggeds all. -Roh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the cats using the boxes more than before, so that makes me happy. There is no mylar, but I figure with a couple of cats in a small space it's bound to be warm in there.
      Happy holidays to all of you!

      Delete