Friday, September 23, 2022

I chickened out. Twice.


For the second day in a row, I canceled the post I had scheduled for this morning before it could post.

Why?

Because it scares me to think about it, and I wonder if critics could use it against me in the future.

No, it's nothing illegal or unethical/unlibertarian. Just personal.

I need to wrestle with this some more. I feel the need to talk about it, but I'm not sure putting it in writing or on any electronic media is smart-- although since it's already written and in "the cloud", that's a moot point. And there's no one in my personal life I trust with this.

But since it is in the cloud and discoverable by any bad guy with keys to the backdoor to the internet, maybe it would be better to go ahead and let some good guys in on it. Maybe.

I'll keep thinking about it (I can't seem to put it out of my mind), and try to focus on something else to write about in the meantime. But this is seriously distracting me.

-

If I've earned your support, consider subscribing or donating.

4 comments:

  1. Kent:
    If bouncing the idea off someone else privately would be of assistance in making your decision, you have my personal e-mail and I can assure you of my personal confidentiality on the subject. Perhaps your reticence in divulging this publicly is your wisdom whispering in your ear? Some things are just nobody else's business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gets back to sending it electronically.
      I don't know what to do about it. Maybe it is best not to say anything, but on the other hand I feel the need for another perspective-- but I also know no one would truly believe me. They might humor me, but they wouldn't believe me.

      Delete
    2. It is hard for an intrinsically ‘social’ animal like a human to totally dismiss the desire for others to ‘believe’ them but in the end what you individually know to be true is what matters most; irrespective of whether it is acknowledged by others, or even known by them.

      Delete
    3. I'll say this much: It involved what is called a "glitch in the matrix". If you don't know what that is (but I'll bet you do), do a web search.

      Delete