Saturday, July 02, 2022

Secession Day approaches


The family is planning a little Secession Day cookout this weekend.

I get a little uncomfortable celebrating Secession Day with people who don't get what the day is about. They fly Holy Pole Quilt and honor "The USA" (America's biggest threat), and don't realize they are missing the whole point.

The day is supposed to be about "independence" and without secession there would never be any independence. It's the foundation.

Yes, celebrate that historic secession, but don't discount the necessity of future (near future) secession. If you want any independence to celebrate, it's going to have to happen. Otherwise, a future of slavery to the state is what you can look forward to.

-

 Check out the recent posts: Kent's Kitten Rescue Project on Patreon,.

3 comments:

  1. Secession Day sounds like you're celebrating the Confederate States (which means slavery to leftists). I know what you mean, but many who read "Succession Day" may get the wrong idea.

    That being said, I hope you have a happy July 4. Maybe you can post pics of the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to not say something to offend someone-- especially those who have the wrong idea about certain things. I do usually try, but it's not realistic in today's w0ke climate. If they don't understand that America began with an act of secession, I'm not sure what to do for them. In the context of the date, and Independence Day, my meaning should be obvious to all but the most sheltered.
      I approve of secession every time it happens, even if I don't agree with the motivation behind it. "Break it up" is always my preference. All the way down to the individual seceding from the state altogether.

      Delete